Jac o' lyn Murphy: Valentine's Day Fun! Just say no to boring boxed Valentines and Cookie Decorating Parties...

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day Fun! Just say no to boring boxed Valentines and Cookie Decorating Parties...

Most of my friends and I agree, the selection of boxed Valentines are boring and expensive considering they usually go right into the trash. For the past few years my kids and I have come up with fun, inexpensive and useful Valentines for their classmates with silly tag lines or puns.

Jack's Valentines to his class...

Carolyn's Valentines to her class...


Valentine's Day Party
I couldn't bear the thought of another class party where the kids decorate cookies or cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles. It is a mess, hard to bring home and impossible with all the food allergies and sugar restrictions the school has. I decided to modify a craft I saw on Martha Stewart turning felted wool hearts into a scarf. I cut out felt hearts in a multitude of colors, bought sticky back velco circles from Staples and the craft was ready! No mess and the 2nd Graders could create something all on their own; either for them to wear or as a gift to give a special Valentine (all the Moms at the party dropped hints about their favorite colors, in the hopes the scarf would be for them!) What a hit...





1 comment:

  1. love the cute colors of the wiffle balls! where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I am thrilled for each one!
If you have a question or would like a source
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin